Common Questions about faith
Do you have questions about faith? Well, sometimes we do too. When we have questions, we look to God's word (the Bible) for answers to those questions.
Am I good enough to go to heaven?
Nope. Not on your own. The bible says that no one is good enough to go to heaven on their own. We can't do enough good deeds to get to heaven because "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). No one is good enough because "we all, like sheep, have gone astray" (Isaiah 53:6). "All have sinned" (Romans 3:23) and "No one is worthy" (Romans 3:10). You are not good enough, BUT Jesus' sacrifice was good enough. He lived the perfect life you couldn't live, died the death you should have died, and paid the price you could never pay.
Is Jesus really the only way to heaven?
Yes. Don't just take our word for it. Jesus himself said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). His words are strong and clear.
You keep quoting the Bible. How can we know that it can be trusted?
We believe that the bible can be trusted, but we also recognize that trust requires a step of faith. 2 Timothy 3:16 declares that "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness". In order to fully trust something, you have to take a step of faith. Trusting in the Bible is no different. Read it for yourself. Wrestle with it's claims. Live by it's truths. Find out for yourself if it is trustworthy.
Do I have to be baptized?
Baptism is not a requirement to be saved, BUT it is the first step for new believers. Jesus himself was baptized by John the Baptist (Mark 1:9) and he commands us to be baptized (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is a Christ follower's way of identifying with Jesus. It is an outward expression of an inward commitment.
I just became a Christ Follower. What now?
- Tell someone! Tell everyone! Let us know.
- Get your own copy of God's word and start reading it. If you don't have access to a bible, come to Country Woods and we will give you one.
- If you aren't already a part of a local church, then get involved at Country Woods or a local church in your area. Don't just attend the worship service. Get plugged in to a Life Group and walk your faith out with other Christ followers.
- Serve. God's two greatest commandments are to love Him and to love others. (Matthew 22:37-39).
- Pray for opportunities to share your faith story with others.