Women of the Woods
Country Woods Women's Ministry
So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get a chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith. Galatians 6:9-10 MSG
W.O.W. stands for Women of the Woods
Whether we are digging into the Word through one of our Bible studies, ministering to others through our Touch Ministry, or just hanging out together for a bit of fun and fellowship, our hope is that you will feel loved, accepted and encouraged! It's tough being a woman. Whether you are married, single, divorce, widowed, have kids, don't have kids, are just beginning the adventure of parenthood, experiencing the empty nest, working outside the home or working as a stay-at-home mom...there is a place for your here.
Here are some of our upcoming adventures. Some are still in the planning stages, so check back often for more details and information!
- Finding I Am Bible study by Lysa Terkeurst - led by Christe McKenzie - beginning Sept. 17 at 5 p.m.
- Discerning the Voice of God Bible study by Priscilla Shirer - led by Barbara Campbell - beginning Sept. 17 at 5 p.m.
- Secret Pal Reveal Lunch - Nov. 12
Opportunities for Service:
- Touch Ministry - teams which provide meals following surgery, births, deaths, or other times of need.
- Lunch4Christ ministry - meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month in the kitchen/gym and provides meals to our apartment communities.
- Mission Byram - meets on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, as well as the Tuesday following that first Saturday. Mission Byram is a community outreach that ministers to the needs of our community.
- VIP extended care - volunteer to minister to our children during the worship service.